Wednesday 20 January 2016

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep"

 Old pictures from years long since passed.
(Young forest near one of my old walking routes, I wonder how tall the trees are by now) 

(More trees, less scenery. I tend to notice details more. Old route, dear route.)

(Small stream in the forest - man-made stream but beautiful, since it had life of its own)

I'ts been years since I've done anything interesting or fun.

Many years ago I have been laying on a frozen field, covered in snow, middle of the night, under the stars and the moon. Just watching the sky above.

I have walked to a small isle in the middle of the river, went to the east end to watch the sun rise after a sleepless summer night.

I have climbed the highest trees and hills, watched the scenery of thousand trees and far way glimmering lakes.

I have followed unknown roads and paths to see where they would lead me.

I have done that and much more. Small things compared to many, but meaningful and enjoyable things. And it's been years since I've done them. I am always so tired that I cannot do anything now. 

(Tiny piece of my favourite route.)

No comments:

Post a Comment