Saturday 19 April 2014

The Hall of the Mountain King

*

Had here a cover song "Mountain King" by the band Apocalyptica until copyrights(?) kicked in in Youtube. I understand the copyrights but I think with music it should be applied as it is with pictures etcetera: if you claim it's yours, it's violation. if you share it in nonprofit-way mentioning who the work belongs to, it is just like marketing, after all it is free advertisement for the band. Oh well... 

*

I'm not a fan of the music by Apocalyptica, but I enjoy the sound of cello, even if it is electric one. I also like this song for two more reasons: 1. amazing classical piece and 2. it reminds me of my dear childhood game "Ultima VIII: Pagan". Ah, the nostalgia.

(Copyrights belong to Origin Systems)



It was the kind of game that would make you see nightmares. In a very lovely way claustrophobic and haunting mood. Just as this old midi-song implies.

No comments:

Post a Comment