Sunday 14 July 2013

A dancing couples in the dark blue summer night

After a long pause with painting, I felt ready to start again.

Since I have a new home, I want to paint new things to hang on the walls.

I've been dreaming a lot lately at nights, but not remembering the dreams. Pleasant dreams, I think. What I do remember from last night is, that I had a polaroid camera (which is something I've wanted for quite some time now) and I was taking pictures of myself with it. I wonder what that means - if it would even mean anything. Maybe it means that I am looking or I need to look into myself now, after my life has changed from being in a relationship into what it was before. It was a lot of heart ache for me, since I was the one who got used, tricked and lied to. Maybe I need to figure out my future plans or find my place in the world again.

*

                                                        (Oscar Parviainen - This picture belongs to the website of city of Joensuu)

My favourite Finnish painter - Oscar Parviainen.
After I saw a exhibit of his paintings in the art museum of Joensuu, I was mesmerized by his works. Thick layers of paint in impressionist style with contents of skulls, nights, dancing pagans and satyr's, underground catacombs of Paris. All painted with the most vivid colours. Breathtaking.

          (Oscar Parviainen - This picture belongs to Ainola.fi)

 (Oscar Parviainen - This picture belongs to the website of city of Joensuu)


And this is the impressionist touch I want to try while making paintings for my walls. I especially like the beautiful maiden and skeletons around her. It's the perfect metaphor for fleeing beauty and youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment