Friday 26 July 2013

Any place but here

I'm trying to make quick paintings. Impasto-styled or otherwise not-so-accurate. To me, the homey, cozy feeling comes from pictures on the wall.

And I'm being really patient with waiting for my payday so I could buy things to get the paintings hanging from the walls. And before I can do that, I also have to wait for my landlord to stop by to greet me. After that I can put all the questionable and shady books back to the shelves and otherwise make the apartment look more like me. I can't help it, that I'm fascinated by dark, shady, odd and objectionable things and themes. Only the people who know me, know that what I like or what I find interesting doesn't make me a satan's worshipper.

Talking about satanical things, there's a great movie on television tonight. Those who haven't watched the scifi horror movie "The Thing" from 1982, should definitely put that movie in mind.


Some find the 80's monster amusing, and maybe they are a little bit of that too, but they are also masterpieces. I like the old self-made monsters more than the CGI-versions of today. When there's a real plastic-made monster it really looks like its in the room with the actors. Computer-effects are not yet as far advanced to make a real impact, but I can't wait when the time comes, when the movie monsters are starting to look more real, and more in the environment they are supposed be.

 "I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. It'll fight if it has to, but it's vulnerable out in the open. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."



No comments:

Post a Comment