Saturday 13 July 2013

Summer's end creeps nearer

Summer is the only season I wait for anxiously and yet it is so short it leaves me sad when it's over again (just like love). And soon it's going to be fall and winter all over again. Those are also nice seasons, except way too long. It's like the 80-90% of the Finland's seasons are filled with cold weather. Makes me wonder if I should move to some warm country somewhere, but I'm not thinking that's likely.

Finding someone special is hard work. At least for me. It's a whole song and dance that takes up a lot of time and energy. I do not know how other people does this.
I mean that I know that some people find the love of their lives by happy coincidents, like meeting them through friends and in parties. Some probably search through the dating sites, and notice someone from the same town then ending up together sooner or later. And there's those who find love from schools and workplaces. I found nothing from my old schools or workplaces. Only kids or really old ladies. And I don't know how to approach anyone in the streets or coffeeshops without making it unnecessarily creepy and weird. I mean, what are the chances that those people are already dating or are even heterosexuals (or at least bi) and it's starting to get way too complicated. I don't have any average friends who date a lot so I could get any kind of realistic picture of what average dating is.

So this is today's ranting of my dating life... which is quite quiet. No surprise there.

I guess I should talk about something else before I start to sound bitter.

Today's program contains cleaning, washing dishes and clothes while other people party at Ilosaarirock. And also I'm probably searching interesting stuff to buy from the internet. Since I'm for the first time in my life in a full-time job, I get a bit more money than usually. Not much, but at least a bit more. Big part of my paycheck goes into paying back school loans, but otherwise I have a lot of stuff I want to buy. I feel like I'm in some sort of nesting-phase, where my instincts are telling me to settle down and make a home for me and my future spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment