Wednesday 2 October 2013

Wolves in the outskirt of the citylights are calling to us

I've already put some Halloween-decorations all over the apartment. It's not very Finnish-like to spend Halloween, and I know there are some people, who are for some reason very crossed with their countrymen for spending any other celebration than the ones in our national calendar. It doesn't have anything to do with any fundamental views (at least not at every time), it's just the modern way of thinking. If you do something that is not viewed as an intelligent activity or an activity of the majority, it's viewed as pointless. And I guess some people get really angry with the things they consider pointless and foolish.

Yet I will break these rules set by some really angry and bitter people. Just like some of the other fellow-sufferers from other people's narrow-mindedness, we must endure or celebrate privately. If I want to have my year filled with parties and days that I feel are special, it doesn't harm nor is it away from anyone. 
The autumn is filled with dark grey days and pitch-black nights, when you get drenched by the almost never-ending rain, and you feel the coldness in your bones. Is it really such a pointless activity to eat something sweet and look at some grinning jack'o'lanterns lighting the night? I know that has nothing to do with some of the old traditions of All Hallows Eve or with any national holidays, but frankly I do not care. I just wanted to rant about something. And thus I did.

Since my lack of camera I can't really take any pictures of my Halloween-decorations. Which is a shame really. I've really grown fond of all the Halloween-decorations, themes and the jack'o'lantern-figure. It brightens my day against this really common autumn-view, that I am right at this moment looking at out of the window... Dirt shaded grey and trees with yellow leaves. Without no artificial light that scenery would be considered depressing.





I spent the day listening to Swedish-learning audio books while working. I have to admit, that it felt like I was being tortured. Not because it was Swedish, no, it just brought to my mind the torture-technique the American military uses for interrogations, when the suspect of terrorism is forced to listen to some loud noises against their will. It was kinda interesting to do one thing while listening and thinking about completely different things. But I think this method might prove useful, so I will continue with it. I feel that I've spent my day well.

No comments:

Post a Comment