Sunday 11 May 2014

All Lies Lead to the Truth




"Brandenburg Concerto Number Two is the first selection of music on the Voyager spacecraft. The first. Four and a half billion years from now, when the sun exhausts its fuel and swells to engulf the earth, this expression will still be out there, traveling four and a half billion years. That is, if it's not intercepted first. Imagine, Fox. If another civilization out there were to hear this, they would think 'what a wonderful place the earth must be.' I would want this to be the first contact with another life-form."



*

I started to watch the old classic TV-show: X-files. I should make an introduction of the show, although I am fairly certain that there are almost no one at least in the western civilization who does not know it. 

When I was a child, I was forbidden to watch it - since it seemed to be a scary program. So I took a peeks at any time I could, and yes, some of it seemed scary back then. As a teenager I was finally able to watch it, and it blew my mind. Of course when I was able to watch it, I noticed that it wasn't scary at all. Anyone could watch it easily. 

Now it has some almost campy-characteristics yet it still is one of the best - and one my favourite TV-shows, and I can recommend it to anyone who is able to appreciate its unique intriguing contents.

Deep Throat: Mister Mulder, why are those like yourself, who believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life on this Earth, not dissuaded by all the evidence to the contrary?
Mulder: Because, all the evidence to the contrary is not entirely dissuasive.
Deep Throat: Precisely.
Mulder: They're here, aren't they?
Deep Throat: Mister Mulder, they've been here for a long, long time.

(Copyrights belong to the Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox Television, X-F Productions - I think.)

And of course the show has one of the most beautiful women in the world (as I seem to always remember to mention these): Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully. One of my all time favourite red heads.

Mulder: I have a theory. Do you want to hear it?
Scully: Van Blundht somehow physically transformed into his captor and walked out the door, leaving no one the wiser?
Mulder: Scully, should we be picking out china patterns or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment