Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Full Circle

I will post a better photo after I've finished the painting. But here is is at the moment - almost done, yet i might add some other colours to it and I need to repaint more layers so that the colours would get more vivid and intense. They are quite transparent that's why they are not strong and need more layers. Also I might fix few problems, like the circles lack of roundness. It is quite challenging to paint with special window-paint.

(My window, my design, my copyrights)

I had to paint the whole thing straight onto the window without any plans, so there are some anatomical errors there, but it is for my window, so who cares. I don't. I guess the only way to draw the plans first would need some kind of ink-pen that can be erased with some alcohol-type of liquid. I just draw straight on. 

Started with the simple shapes and line by line went from there. I suggest that if you're not confident enough you should find a way to plan before executing the painting. It's easy to scratch the paint off, but that also means that you are wasting paint.
I bought this paint from Finnish online-shop Sinelli. It was quite cheap paint and it had the main colours for window-painting, like in the windows of gothic churches, like blue, yellow, red, black and ready green.

No comments:

Post a Comment