Friday 17 January 2014

"Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

Ah, the sweet silence, the blissful calm, the unwavering quiet that has taken over my mind.

I'm taking a bigger antidepressant dosage, but it's still in the realm of average. And it's already alluring sleep, that has been evading me. I get tired more earlier and I get a bit more sleep than I used to.

I feel almost normal again. Of course there are the darker things just behind the curtain of medication, but the medication is erasing my mind from the chaos and noise, and I feel better already. My only wish is that I could keep this feeling.

I still remember how I used to think, that no matter what has happened, at least my mind is strong enough, that I haven't gotten sick. And here I am. Sick. But now I feel better than before, and I'm going to enjoy this silence.

*


I really like the new TV-series "Hannibal". I watched it for the first time in the fall - I think it was fall? - and now I have watched it again. It has kept its captivating ambiance, schizophrenic mood and remained interesting even for the second time I watched it. There are many shows and movies that are watchable only for once, and the key-moment to find out if something is as good as you think, you need to watch it at least twice. 
Mads Mikkelsen is an amazing actor and a great choice to portrait Hannibal Lecter. I applaud to whoever chose him for the role.

I'm already anticipating the second season with a thrill.


And I must admit, that I really hope they would make a series with Clarice Starling. Not to make the movie "Silence of the lambs" again, but to tell the story perhaps after the movie. I do not know, but I would like to see that.

Although I must mention this, that I wouldn't recommend the series to anyone who cannot tolerate to look at mutilated human bodies. This series has taken a really unique step with the dead bodies; they do not show almost any killing or violence, but the dead have been put to display in very imaginative ways, that might make some people queasy. For me, it's just television. I do not mind and I think it's necessary to keep authenticity. A story shouldn't bow to anyone's prejudice or detestation - since realism is a lot more abhorrent than fiction.

*

Hannibal Lecter: You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs.

Clarice Starling: Yes.

Hannibal Lecter: And you think if you save poor Catherine, you could make them stop, don't you? You think if Catherine lives, you won't wake up in the dark ever again to that awful screaming of the lambs.

Clarice Starling: I don't know. I don't know.

Hannibal Lecter: Thank you, Clarice. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment