Sunday 15 September 2013

“L’amor che muove il sole e l’altre stelle”




"Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita,

Mi ritrovai per una selva oscura,

Che la diritta via era smarrita."




- Dante Alighieri "La Divina Commedia"


(Copyright to these pictures belongs to me - do not copy these without my permission)


*

Today I happened to read some old comic-script of mine. It was interesting to read something I don't remember writing. It was at least five years since I was writing it.

The story is about a human turning into a vampire. Since I am a huge vampire-freak, it's not surprising that I made a story like that, but it was still loyal to the original vampire-myth's, with the raw sexuality, tragedy and the constant battle between the duality of humanity and the beast-side not forgetting animalistic brutality.

I feel those are what makes a vampire what it is.

And just for fun and in Finnish, here's a short text from the script:

<<Saatoin ennen katsoa kuinka aurinko nousi itäisestä taivaanrannasta miettien, kuinka vielä muutama viikko sitten olin ajattelut, että tässä oli elämäni: ohitse ennen aikojaan, eikä minulla ollut mitään odotettavaa tulevalta. Ainoa nainen, jota olin koskaan kyennyt rakastamaan, oli mennyt naimisiin, ja minä olin jäänyt yksin kaupunkiin, jota vaivasi ikuinen kylmyys. Perheeni ja ystäväni olivat kaikki kaukana. Minulla ei ollut enää muuta kuin työni... ja nyt, tavattuani Raphaelin tunsin vihdoinkin eläväni jälleen. Oli illat joita odottaa, kun tiesin hänen tulevan luokseni. Vaikka keskustelimme vain vähän aikaa, ja yhdentekevistä asioista kierrellen omien salaisuuksiemme ympärillä, vaitonaisina mutta kuitenkin jakaen jotakin selittämätöntä, ajatus siitä että se kaikki päättyisi pian teki minut vihaiseksi.<<

I guess I still would want to make a comic at least for myself to look at, if for nothing else. It's the writing-process I had problems with. Creating a story and the characters and conversations and whatnot - I had a lot of problems with it. And since this is something I started over a fifteen years ago there was of course some stories that wouldn't have survived the time and stayed any good.

Yet there is at least one idea I have always liked, and maybe some day I have the time and energy to make it into a comic-book.



No comments:

Post a Comment