Sunday 22 September 2013

The land of the crows

Nice neighbourhood I live in. The crows are watching over the peace from the trees and if I hear thumping sounds from the roof, I know the crows are jumping there. It's nice to live in a area that has at least a bit of wildlife. It's more cozy.

And other random ranting is about this rain that comes pouring down. I'm using it as an excuse to not to go out to buy groceries. It seems that this is this kind of weekend, that I have tons of chores to do, but I just don't feel like doing anything.
Even my two cats are reduced into a state of comatose in this weather. I feel more like wanting to join them than do anything useful today.

*



I watched the "Mars Attacks" -movie last night. It was okay. The last time I saw it was several years ago. I didn't even remember what kind of cast of actors the movie had. It was fun to see several good ones in the same movie. I didn't think that it was a great movie but it certainly wasn't a waste of time. 

The director of that movie is the good old Tim Burton, but I have to say, that I do not care for his new movies. The old ones are not as polished, but at least they have other purposes than be over-polished. The newer movies focus more in the way the movie looks than what it contains so they are not entertaining and they are just so empty like there was no plot to follow.





The only "new" movie from Tim Burton, that has potential, is "Dark Shadows". Although the main romance in the movie was lost somewhere and the twist in the end didn't really make much sense because of that. It just felt forced. Still the movie was fun.


*

Last week I went to my local doctor and got a new description for antidepressants. I took the first one yesterday, and now I'm just listening to my body to see, how it reacts to it. After all, these medicines are pure poison, and they act like that. Sometimes I feel like my brain should be jump-started to get it working properly again. Medicine's supposed to be a "quick" relieve, but now it seems I might get therapy - at least after there's not more other people in need of help in the line. I'm glad this doctor thought the best help comes from therapy - and not in the pill bottle. Don't get me wrong - when you feel like you're your worst enemy, and you feel like you're drowning, the pills give you quick relief and you might feel really good for few weeks. But if the pill's effect start wearing off, well, you don't want to think about negative thoughts and just deal with it when it happens. 

One battle at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment