Wednesday 4 September 2013

"May the Night Mother wrap you in her cold, loving embrace"

(Copyrights of these pictures belong to Elder Scroll franchise)

To get the taste of summer as the autumn descents, I've once again taken the old, old project of mine under way: The Elder Scrolls Oblivion IV.

The first time I heard about this game, was several years ago. My elder brother told me about a game, that had a wide world filled with realistic never-ending adventure. You could just run through a forest and hunt a deer or climb a high hill to bask in the breathtaking scenery.



Also there was monsters, beasts, bandits lurking in the forest and roads and old ancient ruins. If you're the kind of person who doesn't frown upon fantasy-adventures, you will like this game. Otherwise you might have to skip this whole post. Just enjoy the pictures.

As much as the adventure of a wide, wide world means to me, and the freedom of doing whatever I want to do, whenever I want, there's the downsides to Oblivion. But since every adventure has its merits and appeal at the very first time, I won't talk about the things that start to really pick your nerves after you have started the game several times, got stuck into doing way too many quests, until you start to get tired, and you're still not making any progress to play the game to the end.

Some things that also appeal to me, are the deism and the history in the Tamriel. I've always liked the idea of ancient civilization, that has remained mostly a mystery; the people in it, the stories the answers to all the questions as for what happened to the civilization, what was its downfall.

And if you like to choose a character, who's not your average mage, nor a warrior, you can always choose the path of the night, and join the Dark Brotherhood, to find the meaning of the game through poison and deceit.

No comments:

Post a Comment