Tuesday 10 September 2013

"Let me see you Stripped down to the bone"

It would seem that I don't have a specific trail of thought with this post. Just a stream of thoughts.

My small precious home is coming together. I now have a table, and in the weekend I will get chairs for the table. It will be great to eat at a table. So that's the last piece of furniture I needed - and what fits my small yet cozy apartment. I feel really attached to my new home, since it's been a safe haven from all the bad things that have happened to me in the past year. This is my home now. I hope I can stay here at least as long as I feel this need to put my roots into the ground and just stay put and heal until I can deal with the world again.

(Copyrights belongs to yours truly)

It seems that all the photographs I have now are several years old. I have only a handful of year old pictures. Sigh.

(Copyrights belongs to yours truly)

Since I've been so patient with only few coins in my bank account and using my imagination to feed myself, I shall gift myself with a bottle of red wine this weekend, since I'm getting my paycheck. Finally. 
The red wine "Versus" is probably my favourite, yet I'm the kind of guy who enjoys any kind of wine - especially any red wine.
Versus is a very smooth flavoured red wine without any strong flavours - it's not (too) sweet and there's no spicy taste to it. It's just very smooth and pleasant. It's delicious.





Versus Red

So I should pick something new again. Tasting different kinds of wines for finding a wine I like doesn't apply to me, but just tasting different types of wine stops me from drinking the same kind time after time.

I've never been the kind of guy who gets excited by eating or drinking or just excited by any kind of food or drink. I could - and I can - eat the same kind of food from year after year. I don't invest in the quality of food. I have no idea what the world of gourmet is like. I just eat to live. Although some foods and drinks do have an affect on my mood, yet the time for each of them varies greatly. Sometimes I get a craving for something, yet after a while, the craving ceases. 

Yet in other ways I am a hedonist. I feed my soul with music, art and great stories - in literature or movies or anything at all. That's why I sometimes can spend too much money on things that feed my soul but not my physical self. It's sometimes a tricky way of life, because in this world, I have to choose between feeding myself spiritually or feeding myself physically. Food is expensive as are the arts. At times it's not an easy decision. Although I'm not a starving artist just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment